Friday 15 January 2010

Back to Life? Back to Reality?

Thank you for the prompts, sorry for the lack of postings.

Oh dearie dearie me.

Where have the last 15 days gone? What on earth have I been doing? The short answer is.... I really don't have a clue.

Christmas and the New Year already seem like light years away although there are still a good many people STILL with Christmas Trees and giant holly wreaths twinkling in their windows and on their porches. C'mon North Carolina people - get them down or else it'll be Thanksgiving and decorating time again before you can say 'Bless your/mine/his/her/whoever's heart,' and you know it.

January 4th came and (shhhh! I'm going to say this quietly) thankfully the kids returned to school and Ian went back to work. We had a great 'holiday' time but I had almost nearly chewed every fingernail and ripped out every hair with the lack of routine, the mess and all the washing that was constantly being created. Yes, I'll admit, on January 4th I woke up in a lighter mood and breathed a deep sigh of relief and had a spring in my accelerator foot on the way to school, during which the following conversation took place with Ellie....

Me: Isn't it good to be going back to school...did you have a good Christmas holiday?
Ellie: It was great, I had the best time but it was too short.
Me: Really? Was it?
Ellie: It was only 2 weeks Mum!
Me: Was it? Really? It felt like 4.

...And honestly it really, really did!

But I'm over all that now. Now that a sense of normality and routine has returned and settled over us all, but would just like to say how much I missed family and friends this year.

Happy Belated New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment