Friday 16 April 2010

Naughty Mummy

Today after yet another tiresome episode, one of Many, Many, MANY with me doing the 'telling off' and 'reigning in' after yet another sibling argument and potentially dangerous stuation my little 'Best Boy', as he likes to be called and, might I add call himself (thank goodness I have one of each), the boy of few words looked at me straight in the eyes with cheeky contempt in his narrowed eyes and told me I was a "Naughty Mummy".

After this insult he looked away, looked back at me again and then added..."You're fired".

He did. He actually said that. Ellie giggled, it's a phrase she's coined from somewhere and used alot this week. But what surprised me was that he used it in the right context (kind of).

So there we are...I'm redundant. I hadn't expected it to happen so soon, I thought I had at least another 15-16 years in this job maybe eventually moving gracefully into more of an advisory consultancy type of role whilst still maintaining some kind of respect in my field of expertise. Obviously not. I'm on the scrapheap.

Hey ho - onwards and upwards. Do sacked parents get any kind of redundancy package? I only ask because Hawaii looks quite nice this time of year.
Oh yeah and you can still fly that way around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment