Wednesday 2 September 2009

The House That Greg Built

95 days
8,208,000 seconds
136,800 minutes
2280 hours
13 weeks

....since our lives were packed back up into boxes and the contents shipped out of India. We have stayed in two hotels, 2 holiday cottages (1 twice), 1 villa and spent numerous nights in the spare beds of good friends and 1 apartment, travelled on 4 aeroplanes, driven 4 different cars and lived out of 6 suitcases.

Tomorrow - I hardly dare say it in case I tempt fate - we finally move into our new home which we hope will be ours for the next 3 years...and I LOVE IT!
It's brand new and has been built by a colleague of Ian's who has been unable to sell it like so many people in the current climate. He heard we were coming here and let us know he was willing to rent it to us, we saw it, fell in love with it, looked at at least 15 other equally nice houses but this one ticked all the right boxes and although it is further from school for me we decided to take it.

So tomorrow the removals company will finally arrive with all our stuff 'n' boxes. It will be like Christmas for Ellie and Luke seeing all their toys again and having a rather large playroom in which to unpack and rediscover them. As for me, I am so looking forward to our lovely bed and my own kitchen knives and utensils - sad really!

5 comments:

  1. OMG - that house is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I can't wait to see photos of the inside. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your lovely bed from Kenwilworth or did you invest in another one for Chennai?
    (P.S Can you tell I finally got my Google blog account to work?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chez Wilsons is looking like it will fit the bill - just need a couple of Mary's and Pushba's to keep the thing clean. May the force be with you hun.

    I bet that roof doesn't leak, and the electricity is constant and the water doesn't run out LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT is beautiful!!!!

    Happy for you and can't wait for you to get settled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful home Emma! Hope all goes well with the movers and unpackers.

    ReplyDelete