Tuesday 23 March 2010

Chickens & Eggs

Oh my, I have just had my first birds and bees conversation with Ellie.

Ellie: Mummy, how do chicks grow inside eggs?
Me: Well the mother hen sits on her eggs to keep them warm and the chicks grow until they are ready to hatch.
Ellie: But how do they get inside the egg in the first place? I mean HOW? Why are their no chicks inside my boiled eggs?
Me: Errr, well, err umm....they just do.
Ellie: And what does their daddy do while all this is going on? Does he sit on the eggs? Or does he just leave it all to the mother hen?
Me: Errr yes, I'd say so. Oooh look at that fire engine.

Nope, I was not prepared and didn't see that one coming.

One hour or so later...an update


Ellie: Life begins with a kiss! Mummy life begins with a kiss right?
Me: It does?
Ellie: Yes Mummy! You met Daddy, you kissed him and then I grew in your tummy. Isn't that right?
Me: Well, yes, kind of. Now! Where's your homework folder?

No comments:

Post a Comment